We are committed to a strong and enthusiastic music program at Potomac Presbyterian Church. We offer opportunities for involvement in children’s choir, adult vocal choir, handbell choir, occasional special holiday choruses, summer solos and ensemble presentations. Our Sunday worship service is designed with a close association between the spoken word and the musical expression of the word. Hymns and anthems are accompanied by organ and other appropriate instruments reflecting the heritage and compositional style of the composers.
Pandemic Handbell Choir
- We are looking for people/family units/musicians who are willing to try to see if we can get a group of people to try ringing handbells.
- We will hold 4 or 5 rehearsals, and gain enough knowledge and skill that we can record ourselves playing a piece that would be used as part of our Worship service.
- Will involve in-person rehearsals in the Fellowship Hall (for social distancing)
- Safety precautions will be in effect.
- Some ability to read music is required.
Sanctuary Choir Zoom Rehearsal, Thursdays at 7:30pm
Children’s Choir, Wednesdays at 4pm
- Our children ages K- 8th grade will have choir rehearsals online on Wednesday afternoons, beginning in September.
- Our sessions will be for all ages for the first 10 minutes, and then for grades 2-6 for another 20 minutes or so.