Our giving supports mission initiatives of the Presbyterian Church U.S.A (PCUSA) and of the National Capital Presbytery.
The goals and objectives of the PCUSA’s mission programs include:
- Evangelism: To equip Presbyterians to witness locally and globally to the Gospel of Jesus Christ with an emphasis on those with no active church affiliation.
- Multicultural: To support presbyteries’ efforts to develop congregations and fellowships that will enable them to reflect the multicultural makeup of our society.
- Poverty: To enable partnerships with governing bodies and others to actively address the causes and effects of poverty locally, nationally and globally.
- Peace: To encourage and support presbyteries and congregations to be active in seeking non-violent solutions to conflicts.
- Reformed Identity: To encourage and support presbyteries and congregations to further develop their members’ ability to appreciate and understand their Reformed identity, to experience and practice the disciplines of Reformed spirituality, and to apply them.
- Families: To enable presbyteries and congregations to ground families, in all their manifestations, in Christian discipleship.
- Vocation: To equip presbyteries and congregations to help members discern that their vocation is a call from God to Christian witness in society and the church.
- Small Churches: To facilitate the exchange and development of alternative models for pastoral and mission leadership in small churches.
We are a relational network, celebrating the diversity among the citizens of the realm of God, in service to God’s mission, pursuing these emphases through 2017:
1. We will challenge, equip and support our congregations and their leaders in their discernment of God’s invitation to discipleship, as we:
• Serve as a catalyst for mission by connecting congregations with common local, national and international mission interests.
• Bear public witness, bringing a prophetic word to the powers and principalities of the world based upon the love, truth and justice of God in Jesus Christ.
• Provide a forum for our leaders and congregation members to reflect theologically.
• Connect ruling elders across congregations enriching their missional identity as apostles sent into the world in service to God’s mission.
• Equip congregations in their discipleship formation of children, youth, young adults and adults
2. We will launch new communities in Christ in partnership with our congregations.
3. We will provide care, oversight and accountability for teaching elders and educators.