Sunday Mornings, 9:45-10:45 am, Library
Guest speakers and/or members of our congregation lead this lecture and discussion class.
Faith, Hope, and Coffee/Lunch
Mondays 12-1pm in the Library or Sundays 9-9:45am in the Parlor
Faith, Hope, and Lunch/Coffee, is a study group for women where books are read and discussed. Past books that were discussed are:
- Everything Happens for a Reason: And Other Lies I’ve Loved, Kate Bowler (* CURRENT BOOK *)
- Two Steps Forward: A Story of Persevering in Hope, Sharon Garlough Brown
- Sensible Shoes, Sharon Garlough Brown
- Falling Upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life, by Richard Rohr
- A Year of Biblical Womanhood, by Rachel Held Evans.
- Sabbath in the Suburbs, by MaryAnn McKibben Dana
Men’s Bible Study, Wednesday, 6:30 am – 7:45 am
Bible Study meets in the Parlor.
Wednesday Bible Study, 11:30 am-1:00 pm
Bible Study meets in the Library and is led by Rev. Emily Berman D’Andrea. Bring a bag lunch and be prepared to discuss the scriptures passages that you will hear on worship on Sunday mornings.
Men’s Book Club
Third Tuesday of the Month, 10:30 am
The men’s book club meets each month in the parlor to discuss a book chosen by the group.
Contact Bob Plumb at 301.762.2769 or Ed Tennent at 301.349.3031 for more information.
Presbyterian Association on Science, Technology and the Christian Faith (PASTCF) Meetings
PASTCF is a Presbyterian national organization for the discussion of the impact of science and technology on religion, especially Christianity.
This group meets Saturday mornings. Check the calendar for meeting dates.
Books & Documents
“Origins: Christian Perspectives on Creation, Evolution, and Intelligent Design” by Debra and Loren Haarsma
Clergy Self Dev
Local Chapter Composite
Science in Church Education