No meeting on Monday, 11/29.
We will meet next on Monday, December 6 at 12 noon. We will discuss the following three chapters:
- Gratitude: I am Fortunate to Be Alive
- Compassion: Something We Want to Become
- Generosity: We are Filled with Joy
Our last meeting for this calendar year will be on Monday, December 13h at 12 noon. We will discuss the last two chapters in the book:
- Celebration: Dancing in the Streets of Tibet
- Departure: A Final Goodbye
October 18, we will discuss the following three chapters:
- You are a Masterpiece in the Making
- Fear, Stress, and Anxiety: I Would Be Very Nervous
- Frustration and Anger: I Would Shout
no meeting on October 11
Read/re-read the following chapters as we will spend time discussing them next Monday, October 4th:
- Nothing Beautiful Comes without Some Suffering
- Have you Renounced Pleasure?
- Our Greatest Joy
- Lunch: The Meeting of Two Mischievous People is Wonderful
Faith, Hope, and Lunch will resume meeting beginning Monday, September 20th and will meet through Monday, December 13th. We will not meet on October 11 (Columbus Day) and November 22 (Thanksgiving week and early release day for Montgomery County Schools). We will meet from 12 noon to 1:00 pm in person at the church. Hopefully, if the weather is nice, we can meet outside unmasked and if the weather is bad, we will meet inside the church, masked. Obviously, as COVID rates go up and down, booster shots are offered, and county mandates change, we can adjust our meeting protocols and/or go back to Zoom if needed.
And our world is certainly changing, and we could use a little joy! So, this will be our first book this fall. Let’s plan to read and discuss the books “Introduction” for our first meeting on September 20th. Please also bring to our first meeting ideas for other books that we might read this year.