The highlight of the day was getting to see the dogs be relocated to a new home. Getting to take care of them over the week was truly something special.
Today we were extremely productive on the work cite. We nearly finished all of our projects and it was very interesting seeing all of us come together at the end at cite 3 and hurry to try and finish all we could. We ended the day with a circle where we said nice things about each person. It was very nice to hear what everyone had to say about each other. I had a great last night and can’t wait for next year!
Today I traveled in Chris’s van to site 3 where we wrapped up finishing touches on the porch/roof. On a positive note, we called a dog rescue service to help treat and shelter puppies that were at the site. I finished up my day by making dinner and staying up on the annual “last day all nighter” by playing fun games.
After dinner today we did a big cleanup. We started with the cars then moved inside. Corey’s car is now spotless but the van not so much. We used a lot of Clorox wipes and Preston Zara and Juliette make the best broom brushing team. Then we moved onto “cry circle” where we shared our thoughts about each other. It was a great end to the week and we are all sad to leave.
We also had the joy of meeting Joan Stewart, the Executive Director of West Virginia Ministry of Advocacy and Workcamps (WVMAW) and Government Employee Vicki Shannon. They were impressed by the work we had done all week and thanked us for coming back to support West Virginia. It was two great connections!
- Bobby S. can mop like none other.
- Tears were in fact shed at cry night.
- Something happened in one of the guys rooms last night…
- We realized this is the first trip in a while without a parent-child pair.
- The week went by way too fast.
- Jan, Corinne, and Zara saved 2 dogs on the way home from work today, in addition to the 8 puppies.
- Get excited for Beverly, Colin, and Gabi to share reflections on the week this Sunday at 10:00am!
- The mission trip team will also lead the worship service.
- The younger siblings aren’t letting us forget that they beat their elders.
- It was great week!
These photos were taken:
We head back tomorrow at 8:30am to Potomac! Thank you for your prayers and following along with us this week!