Wednesday Bible Study, led by Pastor Emily, meets in the Library on Wednesdays from 10:00-11:30am. Be prepared to discuss the scriptures passages that you will hear in worship on Sunday mornings. Click here for the Presbyterian Lectionary Calendar.
Men’s Bible Study meets in the Parlor on Wednesday mornings from 6:30-7:15am. Please join us for 45 minutes of Bible study and prayer, all are welcome. We are using the classic devotional: My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers.
- Sept 12. – Matthew 20:22 But Jesus answered, ‘You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink?’ They said to him, ‘We are able.’
- Sept 19 – Luke 22:28 ‘You are those who have stood by me in my trials;
- Sept 26 –Matthew 5:23 So when you are offering your gift at the altar, if you remember that your brother or sister has something against you,
- Oct 3 –Mark 9:29 He said to them, ‘This kind can come out only through prayer.’
- Oct 10 –Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus said, ‘I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent and have revealed them to infants;
- Oct 17 –John 14:12 Very truly, I tell you, the one who believes in me will also do the works that I do and, in fact, will do greater works than these, because I am going to the Father.
- Oct 24 –2 Corinthians 2:14 But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads in every place the fragrance that comes from knowing him.
- Oct 31 – Matthew 17:20 He said to them, ‘Because of your little faith. For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, “Move from here to there”, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.’
- Nov 7 –Romans 2:28 For a person is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is true circumcision something external and physical.
- Nov 14 –Genesis 24:27 and said, ‘Blessed be the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, who has not forsaken his steadfast love and his faithfulness towards my master. As for me, the Lord has led me on the way to the house of my master’s kin.’
- Nov 21 –John 17:4 I glorified you on earth by finishing the work that you gave me to do.
- Nov 28 –Romans 3:24 they are now justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
- Dec 5 – Genesis 41:40 You shall be over my house, and all my people shall order themselves as you command; only with regard to the throne will I be greater than you.’
- Dec 12 –John 17:22 The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one,
- Dec 19 –Matthew 10:34 ‘Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
BREAK FOR CHRISTMAS
- Jan 9 –1 Thessalonians 5:23 May the God of peace himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Jan 16 –Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here am I; send me!’
- Jan 23 –2 Corinthians 3:18 And all of us, with unveiled faces, seeing the glory of the Lord as though reflected in a mirror, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another; for this comes from the Lord, the Spirit.
- Jan 30 –1 Samuel 3:15 Samuel lay there until morning; then he opened the doors of the house of the Lord. Samuel was afraid to tell the vision to Eli.
- Feb 6 – 2 Timothy 4:6 As for me, I am already being poured out as a libation, and the time of my departure has come.
- Feb 13 –1 Samuel 3:10 Now the Lord came and stood there, calling as before, ‘Samuel! Samuel!’ And Samuel said, ‘Speak, for your servant is listening.’
- Feb 20 –John 14:31 but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us be on our way.
- Feb 27 –John 4:11 The woman said to him, ‘Sir, you have no bucket, and the well is deep. Where do you get that living water?
- Mar 6 – 2 Corinthians 6:4 but as servants of God we have commended ourselves in every way: through great endurance, in afflictions, hardships, calamities,
- Mar 13 –John 3:16 ‘For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life.
- Mar 20 –Genesis 18:17 The Lord said, ‘Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do,
- Mar 27 –Revelation 4:1 After this I looked, and there in heaven a door stood open! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, ‘Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.’
- Apr 3 –Luke 19:42 saying, ‘If you, even you, had only recognized on this day the things that make for peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes.
- Apr 10 –Romans 6:6 We know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be destroyed, and we might no longer be enslaved to sin.
- Apr 17 –John 21:7 That disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, ‘It is the Lord!’ When Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on some clothes, for he was naked, and jumped into the lake.
- Apr 24 –Luke 20:10 When the season came, he sent a slave to the tenants in order that they might give him his share of the produce of the vineyard; but the tenants beat him and sent him away empty-handed.
- May 1 –2 Corinthians 5:7 for we walk by faith, not by sight
- May 8 –Revelation 3:10 Because you have kept my word of patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.
- May 15 –Ephesians 1:18 so that, with the eyes of your heart enlightened, you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance among the saints,
- May 22 –John 17:21 that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
- May 29 –John 16:26-27 On that day you will ask in my name. I do not say to you that I will ask the Father on your behalf; for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.
BREAK FOR THE SUMMER