The Potomac Presbyterian Church is a member of:
The Presbyterian Church USA shares certain beliefs with other Protestant denominations which trace their roots to the Protestant Reformation which was initiated by Martin Luther in 1520. These beliefs are:
- The Continual Reformation of the Church
- The church is reformed and always must be reforming its life and worship in light of God’s word.
- Salvation by Grace through Faith
- We are not saved by what we do, but by what God has done in Jesus Christ.
- The Authority of the Holy Spirit Speaking through Scripture
- The Bible is the supreme authority of a Christian’s life and all other authorities must be judged in light of what scripture would have us be and do.
- Priesthood of All Believers
- We are ultimately responsible for our life of faith, and we also serve as a “priest” to our neighbors as we pray for and support them in the life of church.
- Sanctity of the Common Life
- All aspects of life are holy and must be lived for the glory of God.